Friday 2 May 2014

Foodie Adventures: Windowsill Pies

TGIF!!!!!
But no, I've got a paper tmr morning :(

Anyway, the week before the start of my reading week, I went to Windowsill in the woods:)





78 Horne Road
Singapore 209078

Opening hours:
Tue-Thur: 11am – 9.30pm 
Friday: 11am – 10.30pm 
Saturday: 10am – 10.30pm 
Sunday: 10am – 9.30pm 
Closed on Mondays

It's a really pretty place and because I love things made of wood, I love it even more :)



It is located right opposite the Jalan Besar stadium and the nearest MRT station is Lavender.
It stands out quite a bit because the shops beside it are all older looking, so you won't have difficulty finding it :)





When you enter, you will be greeted with a lot of pies 



(okay, squidward looks creepy)



The staff are really nice and guess what, there's no service charge and GST!
Well, but most of the things are self serviced, except for the plain water and your drinks which they'll serve you, otherwise, cutleries and all, you'll have to get them yourself.





I told you the interior looks pretty right? :)
I love the wooden ceiling piece because it's really unique and the lights that come down from it makes the place looks cute.



They have an area with books and magazines and well, the cool yellow fridge is for the chilled water they serve everyone :)





And guess what, they have a humongous teddy bear for your to hug and take photos with!
But then.. I guess many people have hugged it and all, so if you're allergic to dust, please do not risk it!


So, enough for the pretty interior, now for the yums hehe.



I ordered Aloe Vera Rooibus ($6) which was a non-caffeinated drink which smells like peach.
I know because I worked at a teadot cafe before.






Lemon strawberry meringue, grasshopper, white chocolate & truffle (not on the menu on site)
$7 per slice

I loved the lemon strawberry meringue one because it wasn't too sickening.
I get sick of chocolatey stuff easily.
However, I liked the white chocolate pie more than the grasshopper one.

Oh btw! The grasshopper one is mint & chocolate HAHAHA.

I'm gonna come back and try the other pies soon because they all look so good.

Okay, now for more photos!






Then, we took a photo of each other LOL


My dear Sammie :)



AND ME!



And this aspiring photographer took the magazines and the flowers on the table and started snapping photos. She even took photos of me for me!

I'll blog about those photos separately :)

Oh and yes. I'm gonna blog about my Electric Run experience, so maybe if you're interested, you can join next year! ^^

Here's a sneak preview!



Okay byeeee <3
I need to continue mugging for finals :(
7 more days till I'm free!!!!