Friday 11 April 2014

Foodie Adventures: Late Plate

Hello people! This post is especially suitable for people who stays near NUS, studies in NUS or are going to study in NUS! Well, if you do not belong to any of the groups above, you can still make a trip down to visit this place!!

Late Plate
11 Kent Ridge Drive, #01–03 
Shaw Foundation Alumni House
Singapore 119244

The place isn't very hard to find, and especially for NUS students, it would be a breeze!
Other than hanging out at Reedz cafe, The Deck or any of the canteens, you should try this out if you have a bit more cash!



My friend and I went on a Saturday morning because we stayed in hall over the weekend..
to rush for our assignment :(
I digress, anyway, it's quite empty and I liked it since I wanted to have a chill morning to just, well, stone. The wall decorations were simple and pretty, and flowers and wood will never go wrong :)

Good use of IKEA items there :)



(Look at how much more appetizing food looks like after adding filters. Hmm)



I ordered the tom yum pasta, and apparently, they change their plating every single time!
I saw my friends' instagram and they had theirs in a regular pasta plate, and mine was in a metal bowl LOL. But anyway, it doesn't affect the taste.

I love how it has loads of gravy, and I prefer this type of pastas over pasta with measly amount of gravy *cough* pasta *cough* mania *cough*
BUT NO MATTER WHAT, I LOVE TOM YUM PASTAS! THEY ARE HEAVENLY!






My friend ordered the burger, which I forgot the name. Sigh.
But it's delicious! However, burgers aren't my morning thing I guess, except Mcdonald's HAHAHA.

Anyway, it's quite a big portion, so all you girls should share it if you know you can't finish it!

And just when we were thinking of heading over to Brew & Bake for some desserts, the staff served us...




COMPLIMENTARY BROWNIE!

You've got no idea how happy we were! 
We got to save some cash, have dessert and we didn't have to walk under the sun to get dessert!

It was really good! The brownie was sweet, the berries were sour (a bit to sour in my opinion) and of course, vanilla ice cream is ALWAYS fantastic.

Who doesn't love desserts you tell me.



LOL. I kid la. I'm not that mean.


But yes, I emphasize again, everyone in NUS should at least try this once!
I love tom yum pasta, and it is only for a whooping price of $8.90 so why not?!
It's much cheaper than pastamania's and it's so heavenly. TEEHEE.
It'll be a good place to chill in between classes, other than CLB or MRB :)
So visit it ok?

That's all for now!
BUHBYEEEE